The Building Division provides "one-stop" service for all aspects of a construction project. We will coordinates all required plan reviews by city infrastructure departments (storm water, water & sewer, park & tree, traffic, and streets). We also coordinates the issuance of the Certificate of Occupancy for all new or renovated building construction, completion letters for site work.
- Residential Permit Process
- Commercial Permit Process.
- 2016 Permit Fee Schedule
- ICC Consumer Safety Tips
- How to calculate permit fees - Residential and Commercial Permit Fees
- Addendum and Reinspection Fees
- Building Permit Application
- Demolition Application
- Current Building Code Information - Adopted Codes List
Scheduling an Inspection
To schedule a same day building inspection call our automated telephone line by 8:00 a.m. at 417-337-8505. Please leave a voice message with the following information:
- Project's full street address
- Building permit number
- Type of inspection - i.e. reinforcing steel, rough framing, insulation, final, etc.
- Contact or site person: contact phone (office/cellular)
If you intend to demolish/renovate a building...
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR) regulates most demolition projects involving institutional, commercial, public, industrial, or residential structures. In addition, the DNR regulates asbestos inspections, project notifications, demolition notifications and emission-control procedures for asbestos removal and disposal.
Because of the microscopic nature of asbestos fibers, once airborne they can be easily inhaled leading to disease. Before starting your project, contact a Missouri-certified asbestos inspector if you intend to demolish or renovate building material that may contain asbestos. If removal or major repairs are needed people trained and qualified in handling asbestos should be contacted.
- Asbestos: What is it and why the concern?
- Asbestos Requirements for Demolition and Renovation Projects
- Asbestos: Inspection Report Requirements