Summary of November 8, 2016 Meeting of Branson Board of Aldermen
NOVEMBER EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH: Congratulations to Jonathan Thomason of the Public Works Department for receiving the City of Branson November Employee of the Month award presented by Alderman Mike Booth. Both the IT and Human Resources departments recommended Jonathan as the November employee of the month.
The IT Department nominated Jonathan for his assistance in cleaning up and securing network equipment inside wall mounted cabinets at several city buildings. Because of the weight of the equipment in these cabinets, it’s important they be mounted properly. Jonathan was not just willing to assist with this project, but was eager to help. Jonathan knew exactly what needed to be done and was able to complete the task efficiently and promptly. This is just one example to Jonathan’s dedication to the city and his co-workers.
The HR department also commended Jonathan for his work in painting the offices and conference room in the Human Resources Department. He averaged about three hours per room including moving all furniture (filing cabinets, desks, heavy book cases, etc.) and pictures off of the walls, painting the room with clean lines, and putting everything all back the way he found it. During the 2 ½ months of a vacancy within his department, he worked diligently to help maintain the needs of the City without complaint and without any noticeable delays to the operations of the City maintenance functions.
Jonathan is commended for displaying the City of Branson values of Teamwork & Cooperation, Service and Courtesy, Safety, and Excellence.
PUBLIC COMMENT:Theater League members spoke about their request to establish a Blue Ribbon Task Force to gather and share data and information necessary to make informed decisions about ideal use of tourism tax dollars. This task force would be comprised of members representing all areas of the community focused on the tourism industry under the leadership of the City Administrator.
HEARING: A hearing to consider the action on a complaint filed by the Liquor Control Specialist against Country Mart #71 located at 1447 State Highway 248 in Branson, Missouri in violation of Chapter 6 of the Branson Municipal Code. This was their third violation in 3 years. Alderman Todd recommended acceptance of Carl Garrett’s recommendation to issue a 3-day suspension of license from December 9, 2016 thru December 11, 2016, seconded by Alderman Castillon. Motion passed 5-0.
CONSENT AGENDA:1) Approved Board of Aldermen Minutes: a) October 20, 2016 Study Sessionb) October 25, 2016 Regular Meeting
2) Acknowledged Receipt of Minutes: a) Budget & Finance Committee meeting of August 25, 2016 b) Planning Commission Study Session of October 4, 2016 c) Planning Commission Regular Meeting of October 4, 2016
3) Acknowledge Receipt of Community Improvement District (CID) 2017 Budgets: a) Historic Downtown Branson CID b) Branson Hills CID c) Branson Hills Infrastructure Facilities CID d) Branson Commerce Park CID e) Forsythe Road CID f) 76 Entertainment CID
CONSENTS / FINAL READINGS:The Branson Board of Aldermen approved the final readings of the following items:
1) Agricultural Supplies for Parks & Recreation Department: BWI of Springfield to be the supplier of agriculture supplies need for Parks & Recreation Department.
2) Seed Supplies for Parks & Recreation Department: Pennington Seed, Inc to be the provider of seed supplies needed for Parks & Recreation Department.
3) Food Service Supplies for Concessions at Branson Park Facilities: Reinhart Food Service to be the provider of concession supplies used in Park Facilities.
4) Pool Chemicals for Use at Branson Aquaplex: Blue Water Pools to be the provider of pool chemicals used at the Branson Aquaplex.
5) Zoning Change for Property at 432 Camp Drive: Change of zoning from A Agricultural to R-1 One-Family Dwelling District for the properties located at 432 Camp Drive.
6) Zoning for Property at 180 Stillwood Drive: Establish R-2 Two-Family Dwelling District Zoning for the property located at 180 Stillwood Drive.
7) Contract Renewal for Household Chemical Collections Transport and Disposal: Renewal of a contract with Tradebe Treatment and Recycling, LLC for transport and disposal of household chemical collections.
8) Renewal of Agreement with Ripple Glass, LLC: Renewal of the agreement between the City of Branson, Taney County, and Ripple Glass, LLC.
9) Traffic Signal Upgrade at Roark Valley Road and Gretna Road: Mid American Signal, Inc. to be the contractor for the Traffic Signal Upgrade Project at Roark Valley Road and Gretna Road.
10) HVAC Maintenance & Repairs at City Buildings: Amendment to the agreement with Allied Air Heating and Cooling, LLC for HVAC maintenance & repairs at various city buildings.
11) Generator Maintenance & Repair Services for City of Branson: Contract renewal with Central Power Systems & Services for generator maintenance and repair services provided to the City of Branson.
12) Information Technology Managed Network Services for City of Branson: Contract renewal with Dazzee Integrations to provide Information Technology Managed Network Services including monitoring, maintenance, and support for the City of Branson.
13) Cellular Service and Products for City of Branson: Verizon Wireless to be the provider of cellular services and products for use by the City of Branson.
REGULAR AGENDA – FIRST READINGS and PUBLIC HEARINGS:The Branson Board of Aldermen approved the first readings of the following items:
1. Postpone Final Reading Related to Issuance of Revenue Bonds: City of Branson Finance Director Jamie Rouch requested this item to be postponed until further review and supporting information made available with experts for presentation to the Board no later than mid-January 2017.
2. 2016 Branson Convention Center 3rd Quarter Review: Marc Mulherin reported the 2016 3rd Quarter Report for the Branson Convention Center showing that 3rd quarter is the second profitable quarter in 2016, reporting excellent increase exceeding the projections by $324,000 with profits of $463,257 above budgeted profit of $136,564.
3. 2016 City of Branson 3rd Quarter Financials: City of Branson Finance Director Jamie Rouch reported on 2016 3rd Quarter Financials
4. 5-Year Capital Program: The Board adopted the first reading of City of Branson’s Budget, 5-Year Capital Program, Employee Insurance Rates, Pay/Merit Plan and the Reserve Policy for the fiscal year January 1, 2017 thru December 31, 2017. A special budget meeting of the Budget & Finance Committee was held along with the Human Resources Committee, Capital Committee and Board of Aldermen to consider budget appropriations in these areas. The annual tax levy has been approved and is reflected in this budget. The budget has been balanced with a 20% Operating Reserve and includes $375,000 in General Fund Capital items, all of which have been identified in the 5-Year Capital Program Summary. $360,133 in one-time expenditures are also included in the budget.
5. Contract Renewal for City of Branson Auditing Services: Approval of a contract renewal with Allen, Gibbs & Houlik, L.C., for auditing services for the City of Branson providing assurance of regulatory and policy compliance to minimize and mitigate risk.
6. Recovery Agreement for Branson Housing Authority: Approval of a Recovery Agreement between the Branson Housing Authority, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development and the City of Branson. City of Branson commits to oversee and monitor its duly appointed agents, the appointees to the Branson Housing Authority Governing Board, in the discharge of their duties.
7. Appointment of Municipal Court Judge: The Board reappointed Thomas Motley as Municipal Court Judge and Willard A. Dillow as Special Municipal Judge.
8. Contract Renewal for Purchase of Water & Wastewater Treatment Chemicals: Approval to renew contracts with existing vendors Chemtrade Chemicals US, LLC, Hawkins Inc, and Brenntag Mid-South Inc. for the purchase of chemicals needed to treat City of Branson water and wastewater.
9. Contract Renewal for Biosolids and Wastewater Analysis: Contract renewal with PDC Laboratories, Inc. for providing Biosolids and Wastewater Analysis for the City’s wastewater treatment facilities.
10. Renewal of Agreement for Water Termination Services: Renewal of an agreement with Missouri American Water Company for Water Termination Services for customers that fail to pay City sewer bill following the established billing and delinquent payment notification process.
11. Contract Renewal for Mowing & Weed-eating at Utilities Treatment Facilities: Contract renewal with Prolawn and Landscape for mowing and weed-eating at City’s Utilities Treatment Facilities at the Meadows and Cliff Drive water treatment plants, the Compton Drive and Cooper Creek wastewater treatment plants, eleven water well/tower sites and four sewer lift station sites.
12. 2017 City of Branson Benefit Packages: Approval of the 2017 City of Branson Benefits Package that includes Medical Insurance Premiums from Anthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield for employee medical benefits, Life & AD&D premiums and 2017 dental insurance premiums.
13. Amendment to City of Branson’s Human Resources Manual: Approval of amendments to the City of Branson’s Human Resources Manual, article 6 related to the hiring of relatives within the same department.
14. 2016 Microsurfacing and Crack Sealing Projects: Acceptance of proposal of Donelson Construction Co., LLC for the 2016 Microsurfacing and Crack Sealing Projects undertaken by the City of Branson. This is the first use of the City’s Pavement Analysis recommendations for prioritizing roadways for microsurfacing and crack sealing.
15. Purchase of Enhanced De-icer: Acceptance of the Cargill, Inc proposal for purchasing enhanced de-Icing salt and technologies, as well as the purchase of sodium chloride from Compass Minerals America, Inc.
16. 2016 Street Paint Striping: Acceptance of the proposal from K.W. Luetkemeyer Painting & Wallcovering Co., Inc. for paint-striping various city streets as part of the City’s pavement management analysis.
17. Purchase of a Mohawk Lift: Acceptance of a proposal from Mohawk Resources LTD for the purchase of a Mowhawk Lift to be used in street maintenance.
18. Mowing/Flower Bed Maintenance and Installation of Structure at Owen’s Home Site: Acceptance of the proposal from Prolawn and Landscape for mowing, weed-eating and flower bed maintenance at City parks and golf course. The same vendor will install a project with porch swing and column supports at the Owen’s Home Site at Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area.
19. Trash Removal and Disposal Services: Contract renewal for trash removal and disposal services through WCA Waste Corporation for 12 different City of Branson facilities.
20. Police Records Management Software: Acceptance of proposal for purchase of Police Records Management Software under an annual renewal agreement with Cody Systems to include updated support, regular diagnostics and alerts, and manages police dispatching and records management.
21. Managed Print Services for City of Branson: Contract renewal for managed print services for the City printer fleet, being the fourth and final renewal of the contract with Corporate Business Systems. Toner supplies, printers and user training is included in this contract.
APPOINTMENTS:Mayor Karen Best presented recommended appointments to serve on the TCED, IDA, 76 CID and OCAC Boards of Directors, and the Board of Aldermen approved the following individuals as follows:
1. Tourism Community Enhancement District (TCED): Randy Brashears was appointed by a vote of 5-0.
2. Industrial Development Authority (IDA): Dave Friggle was reappointed to the IDA with a term expiring December 2022 by a vote of 5-0
3. 76 Entertainment CID: Nolan Fogle was appointed to the 76 Entertainment CID Board to fill the unexpired term of Larry Schmitt expiring March 2020 by a vote of 5-0. Craig Wescott was appointed to the 76 Entertainment CID Board to fill the unexpired term of Nolan Fogle expiring March 2018 by a vote of 5-0.
4. OACAC: Cindy Shook was appointed to the OACAC Board with a term expiring October 2017 by a vote of 5-0.
DISBURSEMENTS: August 25, 2016 through October 13, 2016 approved
MAYOR/CITY ALDERMEN/CITY ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORTS• Special meeting of the Board of Aldermen to be held November 10 at 3:00.• The December special meeting/study session will be held December 14 at 3:00 in Council Chambers. • Mike Booth asked for a text message to be sent to Branson North residents on waterline progress and anticipated completion date.
ADJOURN INTO EXECUTIVE SESSIONClosed Executive Session pursuant to 610.021.1 RSMo for litigation and 610.021.3 RSMo for personnel.
Subscribe to receive regular news and updates via email or Text/SMS messages delivered to mobile devices at: http://mo-branson.civicplus.com/list.aspx. Those who prefer social media updates may also find updates by “Following” @CityOfBranson on Twitter, and also at two locations on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CityBranson and www.facebook.com/Branson.Missouri.9. Additionally, the Branson Police Department posts updates on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/BransonPD.
Media inquiries related to this content may be directed to Jennifer Langford, Communications Manager, City of Branson at JLangford@BransonMO.gov or by calling 417.337.0017.
About the City of Branson, Missouri:Located in Southwest Missouri, the City of Branson is committed to its citizens and to those who visit here, to ensure a safe and environmentally sound community. We will work as a team to maintain and promote the growth of our City, and to provide professional, courteous service to all through fair and open communication. We look to tomorrow, remembering yesterday, dedicated to excellence today.