The Branson Parks & Recreation Department has just released a full slate of great activities and events for the spring of 2022 at the Branson Community Center, a place designed to provide activities and opportunities for people of all ages who have a variety of interests and abilities.
Here are the exciting activities taking place this month:
- Zumba Gold: Traditional Zumba at a lower intensity designed for active seniors. Group classes are offered Mondays and Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m. Classes are free for those 55 and older. No reservation required.
- Senior Yoga: Group classes are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00 p.m. Classes are free for those 55 and older.
- Chair Exercises: Group classes are offered Mondays at 12:45 p.m. Classes are free.
- Senior Walking Club: Join us on the new outdoor walking path on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12:30 p.m.
- Intentional Health Journey: This is a great club that offers support for weight loss and living a healthy life. Meetings are held on Tuesdays at 12:45 p.m.
- Easter Party & Lunch: Seniors are invited to this monthly luncheon on April 15 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for a hot meal and cheery cobbler. Prize drawings and special Easter treats!
- Branson Dance Club: Open to all ages! Live music is provided for several styles of dance including the waltz, rumba, foxtrot, cha-cha, two-step and line dancing. Dances are held on April 23, May 21 and June 25 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Cost is $10 per person.
- Technology Day: A team of young men from the Future Men Organization will be at the center on Monday, April 18, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. to help with smartphones, laptops and tablets.
The Branson Community Center is located at 201 Compton Dr. For more information regarding upcoming events and classes, call the Branson Community Center at 417-337-8510 or visit the Community Center page on the Branson Parks and Recreation website at BransonParksandRecreation.com.